A long time ago, I used to grow cat grass for Seuss and Sumi…and they liked it.
So, I’m going to give Pet Greens® a try.
When they were kittens, they didn’t care for catnip but they loved cat grass. Today, they absolutely go bonkers for catnip. I’m hoping they will go bonkers for the grass, too, especially Sumi.
One of the big box stores was having a sale on Pet Greens® so I picked up one to try. The instructions are fairly simple:
- Poke around 10 holes in the bottom of the bag.
- Tear across the top of the packet to remove the seed pouch.
- Spread seeds evenly over the soil (included in bag).
- Cover seeds with a 1/4 inch of the soil.
- Place bag on a saucer and add about 3/4 cup of water.
- Place in a warm, shaded area for sprouting (about 3 to 4 days)
Warning: add water slowly and evenly. I found the recommended 1 cup of water to be a little too much.
The packaging says that the greens will last 7 to 10 days. I’m not sure if that means that after it grows, it will just die and not be good anymore. This will be part of the test.
I will keep you posted!
Water update: I have added another water fountain (the porcelain one I ordered months ago) for the kitties since my last post (see related post here) and I have seen Sumi drink from it once. She still prefers the plastic mixing bowl to the fountains.