My life today looks very different from where I started at the beginning of the year. I am overwhelmed with appreciation for the many experiences, triumphs, and challenges of 2016, and the promises for more growth in 2017.
When I look back at my goals for 2016, I can say that I have made great strides to meet those goals. I wrote more in 2016 (although not quite 366 posts for IDC). I took more photographs. I am cooking more. And I am creating more (including a webcomic, which will resume in 2017).
Amidst tackling my goals, there were many significant moments that posed opportunities for course adjustments along the way: Mike and Marc becoming part of my family, making more friends, moving from Salt Lake to Kahala, becoming a caregiver for my grandmother and later arranging her memorial service, and moving back to Diamond Head Region after over a decade of being with Hawaii Region.
I’m surprised after such a year that I still have any hair on my head.
Through it all, however, I have gained more confidence to never retreat a single step, no matter how dire the situation may seem.
Top 10 Posts for 2016
- Epitome and living courageously.
- What is your love language?
- Live to eat.
- pW: Nabe.
- Tear drop.
- Hair it comes!
- pW: When the claws come out.
All-Time Top 10 Posts
- What a tsunami would look like in Honolulu.
- No pain, no gain.
- Rewind: Maui staycation at Ka’anapali Resort.
- Matsumoto, dies after crash.
- Tina Turner and the SGI.
- Hancock wins Album of the Year Grammy.
- New for 2013: Changing to tiled galleries on IDC.
- Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska.
- Rewind: Behind the scenes at the Maui Ocean Center.
- I have a dream … and passion.
Posts, Comments, Tags, and Visitors for 2016
- 109 posts in 2016 for a total of 850
- 42 comments in 2016 for a total of 209
- 550 tags
- 501 visitors in 2016
Thank you for visiting and please consider subscribing to IDC via email so that we can stay in touch this coming year!